Vegan Crusty Cauliflower and Shells Alfredo
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (18-ounce) jar Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 1 c. raw cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- ½ c. raw cashews
- ½ c. raw almonds
- ½ c. unsweetened almond milk
- ½ c. vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 c. fresh spinach
- Cook pasta shells following packaging directions and preheat oven to 375°.
- To make the filling, in a food processor, blend 1 cup of cauliflower with cashews, almonds, almond milk, vegetable broth, salt and pepper, blending until thickened. Add in spinach and pulse to incorporate. Set aside.
- To make the topping, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the cauliflower and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, until the florets are tender. Once cauliflower is cooked, add capers and toss. Turn off the heat, then add lemon zest, crushed red pepper, panko bread crumbs and parsley. Toss to combine, then fill each shell with the filling.
- Place 9 ounces (half a jar) of Victoria® Vegan Original Alfredo Sauce into a large baking dish and carefully add the stuffed shells.
- Cover the top of the shells with the remaining Alfredo sauce and the crusty cauliflower topping.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until browned and crusty on top.