Scallops, Mussels and Potatoes in Tomato Broth
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 to 6 red potatoes, cleaned and diced
- 1 (24-ounce) jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 12 to 16 bay scallops
- 24 mussels (about 1 1/2 pounds total), cleaned and debearded (cleaning off any sand and removing any hairs around the opening of the mussel)
- ½ c. fresh basil, sliced
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat oil in a heavy, large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bay leaf, potatoes and crushed red pepper. Sauté until tender about 15 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until tender, about 1 minute. Add Victoria® Marinara Sauce, diced tomatoes and potatoes. Bring to a simmer. Stir in mussels and scallops.
- Cover and place in oven to reduce and cook the seafood, about 20 minutes. (The mussels should be opened and the potatoes should be soft.)
- Remove from oven and add basil to the broth.
- Divide the seafood and tomato broth into serving bowls. Serve hot with warm bread.