Arancini di Riso in Vodka Sauce
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 c. Arborio rice (risotto/short-grain rice)
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- 1 egg
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1 c. breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten, divided
- 4-6 c. vegetable oil
- 24 oz. Vodka Sauce
- Fresh basil, sliced, to garnish
- Salt, to taste
- In a medium skillet on medium-high heat, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 cups of Arborio rice and stir.
- Gradually add vegetable broth until all of the broth has been used and the rice is cooked al dente.
- Add salt, to taste, and remove from heat and let cool. Once cooled, add one beaten egg and mix into the rice.
- Place 3 tablespoons of rice into the palm of your hand. Add mozzarella and form a ball of rice around the mozzarella. The ball should be the size of a golf ball. Roll the ball first in flour, then in egg, and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Fill a Dutch oven or medium-size pan halfway with vegetable oil. Heat oil until very hot. Place 3 or 4 rice balls in the pan at the same time and fry until golden brown. Place balls on a paper towel after frying.
- On the stove top, heat one (24-ounce) jar of Victoria® Vodka Sauce. Place heated sauce in the bottom of a serving bowl. Add rice balls to serving bowl and garnish with basil.